joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

Latakia - J.F.  Smith Ok just roll with me here....
I have read lots of books and sometimes I don't immediately pick up on a book because of the picture (yes I can be aesthetically vain/picky) or sometimes I don't pick up a book because of the name. Latakia, the first time I saw this word in my head I thought 'Latka', like the character from the TV show Taxi. And from there all I could think of was Danny Devito being his smug, jackass self hiding behind his podium and I didn't want to read about Danny Devito. (Because it's true what my husband says "Amy you are a thimble of gas in a hummer away from full on crazy")

So I didn't read Latakia then or any of the other times I saw it come up on a list, or a friends review. I was so wrong though, so wrong to wait. This wasn't Latka reminding me of Danny Devito this was more like Latka, the funny, sweet, sincere, crazy-ass character and some parts Danny Devito (and I LOVE PETEY) all rolled into one.

I have not liked a book this much in a long while. But Amy, you say, why only 4 stars? Well, I say in response, I like my smut and there isn't any. Is that bad you ask? Well no, it didn't detract from the story and it wasn't needed, however, I love smut and FOR ME I would have liked a little.

To JF Smith I say 'Tank you veddy much'.