joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

Mourning Heaven - Amy Lane I have always wondered if everyone who died was just perfect. It reminds me of The Wheel of Fortune, work with me here... So on the The Wheel of Fortune (as well as other games shows and whatnot) the contestants always state in their introduction "And I'm married or have the most wonderful husband/wife - insert name". So I came to the realizations years ago that the only people allowed on game shows are those with the most amazing spouses or incredibly wonderful children. And because of this light bulb moment I resigned myself that I will never be on a game show. (Hey, my husband is great but he's got issues and my kids are awesome but man they work my last nerve sometimes.)
So where am I going here... Some books (a lot really) describe the deceased lover as the game show spouse as 'wonderful'. I was taught not to speak ill of the dead however I can tell you I have known so not so nice formerly alive now dead peoples. This book tells the tale of dealing with a person who wasn't perfect and left the people here with problems/issues that needed resolved. Did they speak 'ill' of the dead? No, they spoke truthfully, from their perspective of course, which has to be one of the most beautiful parts of Amy Lane's writing.

Another book that comes to mind that doesn't treat the deceased like The Game Show husband, After Ben by Con Riley.