joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

Bailey Morgan [Seven Brothers for McBride 1] (Siren Publishing Everlasting Classic ManLove) - Anitra Lynn McLeod I read this because Veronica/V seemed to flip her lid over this series. I have seen this writers' books before but I really thought it would be the same old, same old and nothing really interested me.
Well this one is NOT same old, same old. This is kinda weird. Not at all what I expected.
It's about Bailey Morgan but not. And it's about the world they live in but it's not. It is about Dillon McBride, who only goes by 'McBride'.
There are plot lines that were started that will be finished or have light shed on them in later books.

Why 3 stars and not 4 or 5. Well one star because it seemed to really try get you involved in the MC's but it doesn't really commit to one set of MC's. That was difficult since the book is primarily about McBride but is called Bailey Morgan.
1/2 star is the total and complete lack of information going into this 'world'. There is a lot of reading words but having no understanding until you get to another paragraph or scene and hopefully if you remember what confused you, you can get the gist.
1/2 star to entire stories told or remembrances mid coitus. If I thought of that much stuff in between the first push in and the first pull out, I would be totally flummoxed and would ask for a restart or do over. (That is if I could get back in the mood after what I was thinking about.)
I am all for back story, especially since we were given no idea of the world these people live in, but lets not mess with a sex scene to get me the info. Maybe before hand or afterwards? The interruption really cut the romance/passion that the MC's might have had had we learned that [the beginnings of love/lust/passion] instead of some distant thought or memory.

Oh and I am going to keep reading. There were stuff mentioned that I am going to need to know about or see some resolution. I am hoping the second book will be an easier read since I just went through boot camp, as it were.