joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

Cover Up - K.C. Burn It wasn't as good or as fulfilling as Cop Out.
Most of the time I was chanting 'come on, come on!' get to the story! Again the internal monologue was killer. I don't remember who said this but it can't be more true here, "If it takes a 5 minute conversation to resolve, it isn't a true conflict'.
There was real conflict but it got overshadowed by....yep internal monologue and unnecessary angst.
Ivan was a small secondary character in Cop Out so I felt a little off since I hadn't read Cop Out in awhile. (I know I was thinking this was going to be Ian and Rick)

Ivan is undercover cop living with Parker. Ivan is told Parker has a boyfriend. Ivan assumes (yes say it with me...ass-out-of-you-and-me) that Neil is Parker's boyfriend. Now granted Neil is a crass, possessive jerk so Ivan writes it off a 'boyfriend marking territory'. So with all the 'time' Ivan and Parker spend together, enough to learn what insta-love feels like, they also don't talk about Parker's relationship with Neil. (insta love in 2 weeks but no "hey long y'all been together" chat)
For first 50% its hemming and hawing. Finally Ivan and Parker get it together (even with Ivan believing Parker has a boyfriend) and it's so anti-climatic. It the next morning was the even worse, it was like I knew it would be. That 3rd MC (Internal Monologue) came back and jacked it all up.

The parts that would have made this story kick ass (had internal monologue not eaten up the pages): A real account of Ivan's PSTD. Parker and Neils' friendship that Neil abuses the hell out of, Parker's loss of his mom, Parkers' paternal issue, Neils friends (Ivan apparently is in the know about this Russian mob and he walks into a party FULL of russian dudes and doesn't notice?) and Ivans family.

Would have been a hellava novella. (hellava novella, that's funny)