joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! - Wade Kelly 2.5 stars
It's not Frat Boy and Toppy.
Now why would I say that? Because it reminded me so much of Frat Boy and Toppy. (Except FBAT got 5 stars from me)

The first half is pretty good actually. It's the second half that lost me. The change in point of view wasn't bad, I just didn't like it much. (POV of MC's, secondary characters and an MC's mom)
Cole was whiny. Yes he is OCD and all that but the whine was a bit much especially in the last couple of chapters. Ellis was a more natural character. Ellis's Mom was a part of the story I could have done without. I really didn't need her POV. (Although they say you find someone like one of your parents and Ellis's mom was whiny too).

The story went on long after is should have ended. I skipped some of the internal monologue and mushy/gooey love chat. And really after 2 weeks, marriage is proposed and rings were presented at Christmas?
I don't see this relationship going all that far really.
Rob was perfect. Yep perfect. And had some sort of 6th sense. Rob and Russ weren't gay but don't let that stop you from dreaming.

Something really bugged me about this story and I just can't seem to put my finger on it. OMG is wrong to say it was kind of preachy when it meant to be uplifting? I will ponder but not read again.