joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

Until Thanksgiving - Michael Rupured Well good for Michael Rupured that he had has first novel published. I hate to diminish that accomplishment with a bad review but yeah it wasn't that good. It wasn't bad, sorta.
There is a murder mystery, sorta, in here with a romance of a sort. The two MC's take forever to get together, literally the last 15-20 pages. The murder mystery turns into a horrific murder/suicide that is treated like a hit and run. I mean really, who witnesses a murder/suicide and then decides to have sex with a partner for the first time and have fun sex at that? I am not sure ANYONE would want that memory to immediately proceed the first time you are with someone you love.
Beyond that, Josh, who we follow the entire story has just come out of a 17 year relationship and is damn near jumping into a brand new relationship with Thad (the story leads you to believe they are friends for months). The problem is the timelines of Josh's dates then the lead up the assault do not add up to months. And really after 'months' of knowing and spending time together, Josh NEVER asks Thad about his relationship with Phillip whom Josh believes is Thad's lover when in actuality Phillip is the uncle Thad lives with?? (Really Amy Poehler says? Really?) Thad as never been in a serious relationship, ever, and still lives with his uncle and Josh doesn't want to move in with Thad because Josh doesn't want to be dependent. Umm, Thad kettle hello pot.

There are lots of problems with the story, the writing isn't bad but it leaves a lot to be desired. I found myself flipping through boring mental calisthenics that seems juvenile for men in their mid to late 30's. The murder mystery was actually truly sad and had that storyline been fleshed out, That would have been one hellava story all by itself. The romance was blah, no spark, no 'bow chickee wowow'. And a romance really needs that.