joyfulgirlamy

If we are all made in God's image, does that mean God is gender fluid.....

I love my family, I love my friends, I love all kinds of music however I am addicted to my books. I love reading. I love romance. I love angst.

When One Door Opens - J.D. Ruskin Pros- I liked the story. I liked the MC's. It was believable and felt real.
Cons (Not really)- The blurb makes it seem way more angsty than it is. Which isn't a problem. There was angst but it was real and wasn't ignored because of internal monologue blah blah blah. Which is funny, add to pro columm, because both MC's had lots of reasons to feel insecure and opt out of putting themselves out there. Neither did so and that was what made it all the more enjoyable. (We insecure people can and do all the time.) Some of the big babies I have read about before could use a lesson or two from these two on maning up and making the effort.
The underlining story was ok. It doesn't distract from the story and it doesn't add to the story.
My only real niggle was the 'love conquers all'. Not that it can't/doesn't happen it seemed a little too...... But then who am I to say, it was a lovely story of two people falling in love and learning how to deal with each others issues. That can't ever be bad. No, it was good.